UPDATE: Diabetes Educators are now Diabetes Care and Education Specialists!

We want you to be among the first to know, that there is a change in the professional name of the healthcare professionals who work with you to manage your diabetes.  Hopefully in your journey with diabetes, you’ve come in contact with nurses, dietitians and pharmacists – who refer to themselves as a “diabetes educator”.  

After an in-depth study, it was determined that because these individuals do so much more than just teach people about diabetes – their professional title should change as well.  Hence, the new name Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (DCES) is being rolled out.   Share the news!  Tell your doctor about the change!   And if you don’t have a DCES who helps you.. ask to find one! Find out how a diabetes care and education specialist can help you here.

Get the support you need!

We interview diabetes experts and answer your questions.